1. The academic session comprises 2 terms having 2 rounds of assessments in each term for classes Mont-1 to VIIIth.
2. Each round consists of one assessment in each of the subject English, Hindi, Maths, EVS/science and social studies.
3. No retest shall be conducted for any assessment missed by the child and average is given for the assessment missed by the child
4. At the end of each term, the child is given an overall subject-wise grade in the Report Card based on his/her performance.
5. The assessments are conducted on every Tuesday from July onwards
6. Report card- On the loss of Report Card a new Report card will be issued on payment of Rs.100 only for the current session. (In case the report card is lost after First time Result, the comments/ grade will be entered in new Report Card).
Comprehensive and continuous Evaluation (CCE) Simplified
In keeping with the guidelines from the CBSE, the implementation of the comprehensive and continuous Evaluation aims at holistic assessment of the student. This encourages the use of internal assessment to evaluate the learner’s growth and reduces the emphasis on external examinations. Hence the achievements of students in academic and non academic areas will be consistently recorded and reflected in the report book. As a result, excellence in diverse areas will be recognized and rewarded. The academic work of every child will hereby be assessed through formative and summative assessments, The unit tests being a compulsory component of each formative assessment.
There will be two terms in all classes; the first term will be from April- September and the second term from October – March of the subsequent year. Each term will have two formative and one summative assessment which will be indicated in grades.
Formative Assessment would include class work/ homework, oral exercise, quizzes, projects ( group/ individual), assignment/tests, experiments and conversation/interviews.
The CCE envisages learning in areas other than academic and ensures that every child acquires life skills, correct attitude and values, participates actively in co-curricular activities and conscious and concerned about his/her health and physical fitness. The assessment of co-scholastic areas will also find a place in the report book, thus providing a holistic profile of the development over a span of learning time of every child. We seek your co-operation and support in order to make this programme a success and an invaluable tool towards making SIS self sufficient and self reliant and successful individuals.